Today’s ever-changing business environment requires new approaches to Cost Engineering Management, which has become an important tool for dealing with time-to-market, resources, limitations, downsizing and global competition.
Who should attend:
As markets and project organizations become more dynamic, administrative and technical skills alone are no-longer sufficient to deal with the complexities of modern project undertakings.
The Certified Estimating Professional (CEP) course/certification program is designed to establish credentials for those individuals working in the estimating field.
This certification program will give professionals a means to validate their skills and knowledge and provide the essential need for cost estimating practical implementation in the real world and the need of transferring theoretical to practical becomes a great challenge in the real world business which will direct and guide all project management knowledge areas implementation to achieve companies goals and objectives.
Also, it distinguishes the Certified Estimating Professional who has the knowledge and skills that impact the bottom line.
Quantity surveyors, Estimators, engineers, project managers, accountants, financial, site managers, site engineers and any one interesting in estimating field.
Cost, Pricing and Cost Estimation
1. Cost Elements
3. Materials, Labor, Engineering and Equipments
4. Economic Costs and estimation
5. Activity-Based Cost Management
6. Estimating Modules and techniques
7. Types of estimates
7. Process Product Manufacturing Estimates
8. Discrete Product Manufacturing Estimates
Cost Estimating Professional
1. Estimating Knowledge
2. Estimating Principles
3. Estimating Process
4. Estimating Practices
Planning, Scheduling, Progress and Cost Control
1. Progress Measurement and Earned Value
2. Earned Value for Variable Budgets
3. Tracking Cost and Schedule Performance
4. Performance and Productivity Management
5. Understanding Time Management Environment
6. The three major independencies
7. Introduction to Networks tools and techniques (AON – AOA)
8. Precedence Diagram Method (PDM) the philosophy and the art
9. Arrow Diagram Method (ADM) the philosophy and the art
10. Activity duration estimates (CPM – PERT – Monte Carlo)
11. Crashing and Fast Tracking
Project Management and Economic Analysis
1. Project Management Fundamentals
2. Project Organization Structure
3. Project Planning
4. Project Labor Cost Control
5. Leadership and Management of Project People
6. Quality Management
7. Value Analysis
8. Contracting for Capital Projects
9. Strategic Asset Management
10. Basic Engineering Economics
11. Applied Engineering Economics
Statistics, Probabilities and Risk
1. Statistics & Probability
2. Basic Concepts in Descriptive Statistics
3. Risk Management
Karim El Dash - Ph.D, PMP, CCE, AVS
• PhD, Structural Engineering, North Carolina State University, USA (1995).
• PMP, Certified Project Management Professional from Project Management Institute (PMI), USA (2000-2009).
• Certified Consultant Engineer, Design of Structures, Egypt.
• Delivered more than 30 technical and managerial academic courses in USA, Egypt, and Kuwait.
• Participated in the management, structural design, and building assessment and repair of many mega construction projects in Egypt, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia.
• Lecturer and facilitator; prepared, delivered, and participated in more than 2000 training hours including more than 30 training subjects in the fields of project management and construction. For example; facilitator for the Cambridge University Project Management Diploma; facilitator for preparation of Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Produced 26 research papers in the field of construction management, project management, and structural engineering. Papers were published in international recognized journals or presented in international conferences in USA, GB, France, Canada, Spain, China, Norway, and Egypt.
• Received a Mention for his research in Project Management Expert Seminar in Spain 2004.
• Headed High Strength Concrete Session in Confined Concrete Conference in China 2004.
** In the event of uncontrollable circumstances, we may have to change main lecturer(s) for reasons out of control but replacement will always meet global standards of PROJACS International.